For me Core Travel Wardrobe Series, I'm working with Vogue 9329, AKA ‘the stop-me-in-the-street-dress’ (because people stop to ask about it). I used two co-ordinating black and white dotty prints. I chose the fabrics because they work nesting under and peeking out from the vest and the Italian poly/lycra knit has a smooth silky hand.
Sewing and Design Tips
- Shortened the dress about 7” - so there is enough room for the pocket.
- Did a FBA.
- Lengthened the sleeves about 10”, then adjusted while sewing.
- Used a neckband instead of the facing.
- Sewed using a walking foot - except the neck band where a regular foot gives more control.
- Sewed using a #75 sharp needle.
- Sewed the double stitching at the neck band using a Schmetz # 75 stretch twin needle
Search for FBA on the internet. Many versions are available. You will want to experiment with this adjustment until you find the one that works with your body.